Saturday, September 20, 2008

Separation Anxiety, Exhaustion, and I go to college (in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice).

So it's been a million years since I've blogged, not that I haven't been writing.... Most of my free time has been, well not free.

School! That's right I'm about a month into my first semester back at school, and my feelings are mixed. I am enjoying it, my teachers are very cool, and lucky for me I;m actually younger than some of the people I have class with. Which has gone a long way in easing my fear of being lost in a sea of eighteen year olds. I look forward to going, and have started hitting the starbucks drive-through to help me get through the late night (Thursday, when Im there until 10PM). Where it gets slightly overwhelming is the workload for semester. With working full-time, writing during all my free-time, and being a mom, and taking care of this nice two story home, well let's just say the math doesn't add up. There are simply not enough hours in the day.

Which is why it's so funny that on top of all that I'm chairing the Publicity comittee for the local PTA. It's not taking up too much time, and I love being a part of something like that. The community at Patricks's school, and well our neighborhood, is just awesome. I feel a little lame for enjoying it so much, but I do. In fact I wish I was able to do more. But with the daycare still going, I still lack a lit of freedom in volunteering and stuff.

That could soon come to pass though. I didn't get the gig at About.com. I was bummed at first, but am hoping for something else to come along. WIth the couple gigs I currently have going on, I figure I am one, maybe two more, regular gigs away from being able to make the switch to freelancing full-time. I'm not sure when, but hopefully not to long. Needless to say, that's why I;m investing so much time into it. It'll be worth it in the end.

Cheyanne has now started pre-school and is having a hard time adjusting. I never really went through a separation anxiety thing with Patrick, at least not like this . She screams and cries, and asks me to stay. I am a professional child care provider. I am going to school for child development. In fact I'm studying these actual behavior issues RIGHT NOW. But it doesn't matter how well you understand the issue of separation anxiety, or how well you deal with when it's someone else's child. When it's your baby crying, it just flat sucks. But I'm smart enough to know that she's going to be just fine, in fact she's already doing better.

That's pretty much the jist of it all. For now anyway. School, writing, and work. Exhaustion. The holiday break cannot come soon enough.......
s

No comments: