Thursday, April 30, 2009

Excuse Me, Mr. Thiel? I've Got A Bone to Pick.


Now I have to be honest and say that I'm a little unclear how to argue that women gaining the right to vote did NOT in fact bring ruin upon the United States. It's one of the stupidest things I've ever felt the need to argue, EVER. So before I continue maybe I should let you get up to speed, here

Now that you're as annoyed, mad, or just plain entertained as much as I was by the incredibly hilarious words spoken by one Mr. Thiel, let me get on with it.

I don't like to throw the term Jackass around very easily, I like to reserve it for people like Mr. Thiel who by all accounts appears to be the biggest Jackass in the world. And that says a lot, just watch FOX news for 5 minutes. We're full of Jackasses these days.

In Thiel's "essay" (and I use the term loosely) he says,
"The 1920s were the last decade in American history during which one could be genuinely optimistic about politics. Since 1920, the vast increase in welfare beneficiaries and the extension of the franchise to women - two constituencies that are notoriously tough for libertarians - have rendered the notion of "capitalist democracy" into an oxymoron."


This guy is one of the biggest Jackasses to open his mouth. I know that there will always be people like this. No matter what accomplishments women make in the coming years, or any discriminated group accomplishes in the future, there will always be ignorant, heartless, douche bags like Peter Thiel spewing hate.

So if I know and accept that, why does this guy Thiel and his rant bother me so much? Because he's knee deep into Facebook, a site that I use quite often. A site that A LOT of women use quite often. Is this the kind of guy we want as the face of a site that is supposed to welcome everyone? Don't think so. And as I found when I searched his name on Facebook, I'm not the only one.

"Take Nativist Peter Thiel OFF Facebook's Board of Directors" is the name of the group I found, because as it turns out he thinks immigrants suck too.

Man what a douche. Ok, rant over.

No comments: