Saturday, March 22, 2008

Just Chillin after too much Easter Candy, and WAAAY Too Much Cake!!

Today was Patrick's 5th birthday! Unbelievable. It's sooo hard to imagine that he was born exactly 5 years ago today. Life before seems like a lifetime ago. He's such a little doll. The other day he got very upset after pre-school. He was CRYING and very upset (he was tired and had not taken a nap, so that did add to the drama I will admit) but through his very dramatic cries told us about how he was upset with his friends, the boys, at school. He said they kept wanted to chase the girls and be mean, and he was trying to stop them but they wouldn't listen to him. They wanted him to chase the girls too, but he didn't want to be mean. His boys got mad at him for it. It was all very upsetting for him. I felt bad for him that his friends were mad that he didn't want to tease the girls. But than I started thinking that the boy we're raising, has this strong of an opinion on being mean to girls at this age. AND that as upset as he was that his friends were mad, he didn't give in to them. How frickin awesome is that? He's going to be quite a man.

The party went well. A good turn out. My brother & niece were there, which was just about the best present Patrick could've asked for. He loves them a lot. I wish they lived closer. We need to make it a point to make a weekly call to them. Sometimes keeping in contact with family and old friends seem hard, but man is there any other piece of technology easier to use than the phone? Nope.

Other musings this week, anyone watch American Idol? Beatles? Really? As I've mentioned before, I'm not really watching this season. But I watched enough of the last two weeks to say, FOR SHAME!!! I couldn't have said it better than Joel over at The Soup did,
''Congratulations, Yoko Ono, assassins, cancer, and one-legged gold diggers: You're no longer the worst thing to happen to the Beatles."

Has anyone seen Pop Fiction????? OMG! It is soo funny! It's stars (I've seen Paris, Avril Lavigne, and David Spade) who basically punk the paparazzi. They set up the paparazzi, by orchestrating an incident (that is totally staged) and see how long before it hits the tabloids. Avril put on a "baby hump" and went with her guy to a baby store. The next day pictures of her "pregnant" belly were plastered. Take that stalkarzzi! Better think before you snap...

It seems fitting to have this show happen after the tabloids revealed Lisa Marie's pregnancy before she wanted to reveal it. Have you heard this? The tabloids ran all this about her gaining all this weight, only for it to turn out she's pregnant. Funny that this all happened as Dancing With The Stars was about to premier though. Ya know, starring Miss Priscilla? Dancing With The Stars...hmmm. Don't you think that maybe they're using the term "stars" kind of loosely these days? Just asking...

I can hear the chocolate cake in my kitchen calling to me....HELP! I'm sooooo addicted to chocolate. I really need to crack down on the chocolate obsession. I was good for so long, and now ick. Maybe it's the holidays. I need to get back on Weight Watchers....It's either that or start smoking again. Since I'm going on 6 years, that would just be a tragedy to start back up now.

Oh yea, Bankruptcy news!!! We signed the papers today! FINALLY! Senile old bankruptcy lawyer finally got it all set and is going to file on Tuesday (Hey, when did the day after Easter become a holiday? Did I miss a memo?). Now we play the waiting game, and see what the trustee says. Keep your fingers crossed.

That'll have to do for now. I'm burned out from a VERY long day. Happy Easter everybody!

No comments: