Saturday, May 10, 2008

Math+Me= Greek

So I took my assessment tests today to go back to school. I did just fine with the English sections (at least it seemed like it was pretty easy) but I knew I was headed straight for the crapper as soon as I hit those math questions. Here's an example of what I saw on the test,
 blah blah blah blah blah.
That was about it. I'm sure I answered only 2 of the questions right, at best. I sucked at math back in school and I suck even worse at it now.  Almost 15 years later! Makes me feel like I'm too old. Is 30 too old? For crying out loud, it's an Associate Teacher certificate to teach pre-school. Why should I even have to deal with math at all? OK, I know I'll have to have it to get my AA, but it just seems stupid. 
On the other hand, walking through a college campus felt, in a word, GOOD. I felt young, I felt hopeful, and inspired. It was a good feeling.

Speaking of good feelings, I am still walking on a cloud over the news that I won the Thriller contest. I was told the judges "loved my story". It just feels awesome. I've always been so chicken to enter anything I've written into any kind of contest, and boom, finally I do it, and I win. It's a total confidence builder, for sure. Now if only I could get a laptop so I could start focusing even more time on writing...

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there, and for those of who aren't mom's but have a child whose life you offer a little bit of love to, Happy Mom's Day to you too.

No comments: