Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Title To Be Determined Later

So happy Tuesday readers. I'm sorry, reader. Just another day basically. I went to orientation last night, and boy do I feel old! Everyone else that was there were ALL seniors preparing for their freshman year at college, and here I am 30 (Proud GOTVOT Member thank you). There was even guys with superman backpacks (much like my five year olds) and other guys wearing heelys like my ten year old niece. PCU, this is not. It felt a little more like Nursery school...

My weird age issue aside, I'm looking forward to going back to school. I'm nervous, and I hate being away from the family a couple nights a week, plus giving up my Saturdays, but it'll be worth it in the end. I'll have many more job opportunities with my certificate, and will have more3 choices as to what i want to do when Cheyanne starts kindergarten.

Not to mention I qualified for the BOG tuition waiver (yay for being poor!) so all my classes for the fall semester are free! Except of course for the fees, which only add up to a whopping $22.00. I think I can swing that. And I'll be getting a stipend from the state (thanks VERY much to the governator) because of The First 5 initiative. It would be stupid for me NOT to take advantage...

I received my prize for winning the Thriller contest. The money came straight to paypal, and I received my box full of Michael Jackson's music/DVD library is pretty awesome. I was groovin to Wanna Be Startin Somethin all the way to orientation... I'm still riding pretty high off that win. Nice feeling.

Anyway, I'm off to bed...

No comments: